Learn something new.
Cockroaches can be trained! Towards the end of "Team America," a cockroach walks up a ramp into a getaway plane. According to the American Humane Association's web site (they award the "no animals were harmed" certifications) the cockroach was trained by an "insect wrangler," and they say it like it's a typical thing in the world of movie making. Wow.
Here's the review: http://www.ahafilm.info/movies/mr.phtml?fid=7617
I liked the animals in the movie--the sharks in Kim Jong Il's tank reminded me of the ones we dissected in high school. And kitties! [As for the rest of the movie, worth it just for the amazing puppet world--I watched all the DVD making-of featurettes after--and the story/humor is exactly what you'd expect of the South Park guys (I'm a fan.)]
Now I'm going to waste more time on the internet looking at other AHA film reviews... interesting... "The Beach" is rated "questionable." They were filming that in Thailand around the time I was there (I forget if before or after or during, but people were talking about it, about going to the island where they worked/were going to work). Well I'm going to click and find out more about "questionable"...
Here's the review: http://www.ahafilm.info/movies/mr.phtml?fid=7617
I liked the animals in the movie--the sharks in Kim Jong Il's tank reminded me of the ones we dissected in high school. And kitties! [As for the rest of the movie, worth it just for the amazing puppet world--I watched all the DVD making-of featurettes after--and the story/humor is exactly what you'd expect of the South Park guys (I'm a fan.)]
Now I'm going to waste more time on the internet looking at other AHA film reviews... interesting... "The Beach" is rated "questionable." They were filming that in Thailand around the time I was there (I forget if before or after or during, but people were talking about it, about going to the island where they worked/were going to work). Well I'm going to click and find out more about "questionable"...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home