Priorities
The environmental impact of driving is bigger than that of waste, according to the BBC's Open University. With all this new insight, I can stop contemplating driving to the recycling center (I think it's still worth it if you're doing a big move-out and have lots of errands to run, e.g. goodwill).
The site also calls to our attention the inevitable, hidden waste/packaging/effort involved in getting any kind of good to the consumer. So, with or without obvious packaging, waste is waste: the plastic wrap of a cookie I actually ate may represent less waste than the bag of carrots I threw away because it went bad.
Useful perspective. Meanwhile, I'll work on driving less.
The site also calls to our attention the inevitable, hidden waste/packaging/effort involved in getting any kind of good to the consumer. So, with or without obvious packaging, waste is waste: the plastic wrap of a cookie I actually ate may represent less waste than the bag of carrots I threw away because it went bad.
Useful perspective. Meanwhile, I'll work on driving less.

1 Comments:
Very good to know. Love, me
Post a Comment
<< Home